Hausmann Group (HG) is committed to protecting our clients’ privacy. In order to comply with various privacy laws, and sound business practices, HG has developed this Privacy Statement to alert clients and prospects on how we may collect, use, and disclose nonpublic information.
HG may collect nonpublic information for the purpose of providing risk management services, and insurance products and services to our clients. The risk management services provided may include analyzing client risks, preparing submissions to the insurance markets, communicating with clients, processing transactions, including premium payments, and assisting with legal and claims adjudication.
We will only use nonpublic information in a reasonable manner. HG discloses this information only to authorized employees of insurance companies and other vendors for the purposes of performing risk management and insurance services on behalf of our clients, and only to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Most nonpublic information HG collects comes directly from our clients and prospects; however, in some circumstances HG may also collect nonpublic information from third-party sources.
HG collects this information about you from:
- Applications and other business forms (i.e., name, address, and Social Security Number).
- Your transactions with us from the insurance companies we contact to underwrite your insurance (i.e., services purchased and payment history).
- Consumer reporting agencies (i.e., credit relationships and history, motor vehicle reports, and claims history).
- Other sources (i.e., medical information and demographic information).
We do not disclose information about you to third parties whose only use of the information is to market a product or service. However, in the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information that we collect (as described above) about you or others without your permission to the following types of institutions for the reasons described below:
- To a third party if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional, or insurance function for us.
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction.
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency for either HG or the entity to whom we disclose the information to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you.
- To a medical care institution or medical professional.
- To the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance or other insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement or other governmental authority in order to protect your interest in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities.
- To a group policy holder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations or services.
- Companies that perform services for us on our behalf (i.e., vendors we hire to respond to customer requests or to maintain or develop software for us).
HG restricts access to nonpublic information to those employees who need to know such information in order to provide products or services to our clients. We require those individuals to whom we permit access to such information to protect it and keep it confidential. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulatory and commercially reasonable standards.
The specific types of safeguards utilized will depend upon the sensitivity, amount, extent of distribution, and format of the information, type of storage, as set forth by HG policies or federal law(s).
HG provides risk management services, and insurance products and services to corporate clients, institutional clients, municipalities, government entities, organizations, and to individual or personal lines clients. For non-individual clients, express consent of individual employees is generally not feasible or necessary in most circumstances. Nevertheless, HG will rely upon voluntary disclosures of such nonpublic information in applications or other underwriting information as consent for our collection, use, and disclosure of such information for the purpose of providing risk management services, and insurance products and services.
For personal lines clients, appointment of HG as the Broker of Record is your express agreement and consent to collect, use, and disclose nonpublic information for the purpose of providing risk management services, and insurance products and services.
Please note that withdrawing or withholding consent for us to collect and use nonpublic information may not allow HG to provide risk management services, and insurance products and services on your behalf.
HG has the capability of collecting various bits of information from you without your active participation. Such information might include IP address, browser type/version, and computer platform. Your browser automatically submits this information in order to correctly fulfill page requests. No other information will be obtained from you without your consent. In addition to the required information described above, we may ask you to voluntarily submit some personal information. HG may do this for a variety of reasons, though in most cases this information will be used to directly contact you at your request.
HG is committed to the accuracy of any information it collects, uses, and discloses. Accordingly, clients are requested to keep us informed about any changes to their information that may be material to the risk management services, and insurance products and services we provide. Upon written request, and subject to certain legal restrictions, we will provide reasonable access to nonpublic information to the individual to whom it pertains. You have the right to request that any inaccurate information be amended. All such requests should be designated to Privacy and Security Officer.
To gain access to your nonpublic personal information, for further information, to file a complaint, or to withdraw consent please contact:
Hausmann Group, 740 Regent St. #400, Madison, WI 53715.